2021 Student Assembly Elections & Meeting Information
Elections for the caucuses of Community Colleges, Doctoral Granting Institutions (Graduate), and Agriculture and Technology, will take place in the Student Assembly virtually on the afternoon of Sunday October 17th, 2021. The elections will occur in the order below. Subsequent to the elections a meeting of the Executive Committee will commence at 4:00PM. Materials for the Executive Committee meeting can be found here.
12:00 PM - Doctoral Granting Institutions (Graduate)
1:30 PM - Community Colleges
3:00 PM - Agriculture and Technology
The link to join the elections meeting can be found here:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 932 5035 8620
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,93250358620# US (New York)
This page is meant to serve as a summary of the policies surrounding the election process, but is not a replacement for reading those policies directly. Please read through the following information carefully. Governing Documents: (link)
Representatives: Graduate Representative, Ag/Tech Representative, Community College Representative*
● All officers of the Student Assembly must be students at a SUNY institution
● Candidates for the Executive Committee must have at least a 2.0 GPA
● Candidates must be present during all elections procedures
● Must be nominated by a delegate to the General Assembly
● May express intent in advance by clicking HERE, or on the floor at the time of the election.. Once the floor closes for nominations, it
will not open again.
● All elections use a secret ballot, top-two run-off system. Delegates in the General
Assembly (or representatives in Executive Committee special elections) may vote for
one candidate, and if no candidate receives a majority, the top two candidates go onto a
second round of voting.
● Each candidate will have the opportunity to give a three minute speech
● There will be an opportunity to ask candidates questions. Questions and answers must
be under one minute. All questions must apply to every candidate for the same position,
and every candidate will get a chance to reply to each question.
● Any disputes are settled by the Rules Committee
● The use of a SUNY SA email address or delegate list for campaigning is prohibited
● No State, SUNY, Student Assembly, or funds collected via a Student Activity Fee shall be used for campaign expenses
● Candidates cannot slander or libel other candidates, or destroy other candidates
● Candidates must get permission to use anyone’s likeness or image in campaign